Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Griswold Family Vacation!

I know I'm not very good about this whole blogging thing, but I'm hoping to get better...promise!  Well, I shouldn't promise because I'll probably continue to be bad about updating, but I promise that I'll TRY to get better.  I could say that I've been super busy (which of course we have been) but wouldn't that line work with every family?  And especially every family that has little people living under the roof?

Now, onto the subject of the those precious little people...
When you do have kids, you realize how hard it is to get away, and how impossible it is to go without them tagging along.  Well, we were not about to attempt the impossible, but we thought a nice family getaway would be attainable.

My in-laws have a condo in Wabasha and are nice enough to let us stay there, AND let us use their boat, basically whenever we want.  Awesome I know!  I'm so grateful to have them so generous, and especially the fact that Wabasha is so close.  It's nice to be able to just stay for the day even, and still be able to sleep in our own beds.  After my father-in-law helped Tim clean up the boat this last time, I'm hoping he's still as generous.  I mean, he can't be TOO mad about stepping on melted M&M's and sticky juice residue from a juice box, right?  And I'm sure the crunching of chips under his feet and the leftover turkey from a sandwich was no big deal, right?  Good thing he has a sense of humor, and a hose.  Both make cleaning a whole lot easier!  :)

Maddex LOVED the boat!  He just kept saying, "this is the best day of my whole life!"


For those of you know Hadlee, she is NEVER without a "princess dress."  The river is no exception.  :)


Treyton loves climbing on the rocks outside of the condo.  Not many toys, but what boy needs toys when they have landscaping like this!


And last but not least, the driver.  (Hold on everyone, because we still aren't sure if he can actually see over the windshield!)

No comments:

Post a Comment