Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day!

I have been working on finishing up the girls' room for about 2 months now, and today, I finished it!!  Well, it will be finished as soon as I get my Uppercase Living order, but then it will be complete.  Finally!  I ordered a cute saying that most of you have probably heard before:  "If you trip in life, make it part of your dance."  I have an awesome consultant, Katie, that is really helpful with helping me choose from the millions of sayings and designs.  If you need something, I strongly recommend her!  Her email is kate.novotny@gmail.com.  Anyhow...the room is finally perfect!  I picked up the fabric to make curtains, AND I even finished them!  Go me!  I am quite proud because even though curtains are just a straight seam, I don't sew.  Ever.  


This is a porcelain doll that Hadlee got about a year ago.  The shelf she is sitting on was painted blue to match the wall opposite.  

My brother is super talented and drew the tree for me to paint.  I then added the flowers using a hot glue gun.  As you can see, the tree stops at the ceiling.

My first curtains!!  (Don't look too closely...)  :)

This is their nightlight, which is mixed in with some yellow flowers from Michaels.  Notice the growth chart on the mirror in the background.  Each of my kids has a different color of a glass marker, and we mark their height on their birthdays.

I hot glued some butterflies on the wall, until Reeyin is a bit older, which is when I'll put up a 16x16 canvas picture of the girls together.  




After finishing up the girls' room, I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies to send out for May Day.  The kids took their job of ringing and running very seriously.  While I was baking, my book club girls came over and we had a fun girly visit.  :)  My house was a disaster, Hadlee was running around crying because of no nap, and the boys kept running in to get more "baskets" to deliver.  Wow!  What a day, but when I finally get to sit back and relax, I think what an awesome day it was.  Sure there were some bumps in the road, and while I was sewing, I had to step back and take a few deep breaths so my frustrations weren't taken out on the kids, but all in all, today was great.  I'm thankful for hectic days like these, and I'm thankful for the quiet nights like the one I am enjoying...right...now.



No comments:

Post a Comment