Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Snow in April?

This morning I woke up grumpy, because I woke up to snow covering the grass.  Can you believe it?  We have snow in April?  Not even the beginning of April, but the 19th of April!  In a few days we have Easter, and the kids will be having to push the snow aside to find their eggs!  It has been snowing since I woke up, and it's now 7:30pm and still snowing!  As crabby as I am about it, I also know that there's nothing I can do about it.

Maddex decided that now would be a good time to find out that his Ninja Turtle is missing...outside.  Now before I tell you how we found him, let me tell you how big "Leo" is.  He's about 5 inches long and about 1-2 inches wide.  Well, considering we have about 3-4 inches of snow, I had to get creative.  I put Tim's winter boots on (yes, I was a little excited and packed mine away already!) and grabbed a rake.  I figured I could just rake the snow and Leo's arm or leg would get stuck and we'd find him that way.  Maddex was waiting patiently by the window waiting for me to yell that I'd found him.  Instead, after what seemed like a long time, I came into the house and told him that Leo called my phone and that he'd had to go to the doctor to fix his shell.  He was going to call when he was done.  I figured this white lie would buy me a few days and the snow would melt and we'd find him then.  Needless to say, he didn't believe me.  Tim went out after me and of course found him sticking his arm out from beneath the snow!  He did still use my idea with the rake, but in the end, I don't think the rake helped at all.  Oh, what Mother's don't do for their little boys!  I'm off to get the kids ready for bed, with the hopes that I'll wake up to at least SOME grass peeking out from under this white stuff.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment